Still have a lot of work to do on this guy, but thought I'd share what I've got so far.
This cape was *really* hard to work with for a few reasons. The most difficult of which is that as a yearling or perhaps a little older the deer is really small around the neck, but long in the face. There were NO forms that fit this deer so I had to do a lot of modification. It also didn't help that I didn't have any pre skin measurements.
Also this cape has been in someone's freezer for the past five years which made the leather tough as nails to stitch through!
The antlers are tilted too far forward. When I first set them they were right, but somehow when I went to put them back on later they ended up tilted. Can't fix that now.
His ears were so small that even the smallest non-fawn ear liners didn't fit and I had to carve my own.
There was a six inch slit in the throat that needed fixing as well as a three inch in the back of the ear. Oh and both ears were blown.
So I won't be winning any competitions with this guy, but I think I'll like him when he's done anyway.